The Stanmore Society was founded in 1959.
Our particular concerns are to:
Protect the Green Belt;
- Monitor Planning Applications;
- Improve Traffic Control;
- Support Local Policing;
- Safeguard the environment, in particular Stanmore Common and Stanmore Country Park;
- Getting a lift for Stanmore Jubilee Line Station.
- The restoration of Bentley Priory where during the Battle of Britain the Fighter Command was situated and where at one time Queen Adelaide lived;
- Hold Public Meetings on topics vital to Stanmore;
- Publish Newsletters;
- Maintain a regularly updated web site (at www.stanmoresociety.org.uk)
Lift for Stanmore Station
To give your support to our campaign for a lift for Stanmore Station, please download the form below: